Amazon has EVERYTHING!

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Ugly Old Breadbox

About a month ago, Mackenzie decided she wanted to Mod-Podge her door with leopard print (we have never done any decoupaging before so I told her I would have to practice on something much smaller and easily replaceable).  I started with paper mache letters and scrapbook paper.  Didn't turn out too bad, huh?  I did 2 of these... one for Sarah and one for her friend, Bella and Mackenzie did an M for herself.



I'm still not ready for a door, so I looked around the house to see what else I could do.  David and I bought this wooden bread box back in 1992.  It was great then- with the country blue and mauve hearts painted on it.  I have been wanting to buy a new one for years, but haven't found one that I really like that is also functional.  I decided to Mod-Podge it... couldn't look worse than it already did, I figured.  It turned out pretty good.  I learned a few things along the way with both projects.



I'm still not ready to commit to possibly destroying a perfectly good bedroom door, so I have one more project to do first.  We bought a wall shelf and bench set from JC Penny to go in the entry way.  It is really nice, except that it comes with white canvas storage baskets to go in the cubby holes and a white cushion for the bench.  The white looks really out of place up against the wood.  I figured I could get some fabric to Mod-Podge onto the baskets and make a cover for the cushion.  I'll post pictures once it gets done.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Stacy Risenmay said...

Awesome! Modge podge is so fun. I love what you did with it :) Thank you so much for linking up today! It made my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...