Amazon has EVERYTHING!

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Better Day

Yesterday was definitely a better day!  We got up early and worked in the garden getting it ready for fall.  We planted peas, broccoli, two kinds of lettuce and brussel sprouts.  I'm not sure what we will do with the brussel sprouts.  I don't think anyone will eat them, but I've heard that they taste different fresh from a garden, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will like them.  I got my first small batch of compost from my new composter (a mothers day present this past mothers day).  It's amazing that you can throw a bunch of garbage in there and 3 months later get something wonderful for the garden.  Accomplishment feels good!
Green beans still producing so we left them alone.  In the very back is my  tomato plant that has almost had it and a couple of pepper plants that had a few peppers left that weren't quite ripe.
Our orange/lemon/grapefruit tree.  It has one lemon that is starting to turn yellow, one grapefruit and several oranges.

Last night we went to a friends house and had a cookout.  The kids ran around like crazy and swam.  We had a fantastic time.  Good food.  Good drink.  Good conversation.  Great friends.
Crazy girls having a great time!

Warming up by the fire pit (we've got to get one of these!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...