Amazon has EVERYTHING!

Friday, October 8, 2010

More on my quilt

I'm working on my quilt almost every day.  I never seem to have time to work on it for more than an hour at a time.  I'm pretty sure that a "disappearing 9 patch" is not the best quilt for a non-sewer, non-quilter to start with! I also should have made my patches a little bigger.  Learning along the way!  Here is what I'm doing....

I cut out 2 inch strips in a light and a dark fabric.

Sewed the strips together.  One with 2 lights and a dark and another with 2 darks and a light.

Then I cut the strips into 2 inch segments.

And sewed them together to get a 9 patch.  This is where I should have stopped!

But, no...I wanted a disappearing 9 patch.... so I cut each patch in half both ways

I made 4 of these and put them all together.

Next, I flipped some of them around 

and sewed it all together.

Here's what I have so far.  Any suggestions on how to put it all together?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...